LexFUN! Preschool Scholarship 2013-2014
LexFUND consists of scholarships and assistance granted to Lexington families in need. It is funded by proceeds from our events as well as donations received from members and sponsorships from local businesses. LexFUND granted over $30,000 in the last two years.
LexFUND Scholarships are awarded to families who need financial assistance with childcare or other costs caused by a family crisis. The awards range from $500 to $3,000 per child. The scholarship applications are accepted on an ongoing basis and granted quarterly.
Applications for scholarships for the 2013-2014 school year are currently being accepted. Download Application
Yamaha Preschool Scholarship 2013-2014
(Application Extended to December 15th) Yamaha Music School of Boston, in partnership with LexFUN!, is proud to announce for the 3rd Annual music scholarship for children ages 3 through 5. The scholarship awards are intended for families who strongly value music education but are not able to provide lessons for their child due to financial reasons. The award will fund the entire annual cost of the program, including tuition, materials and fees. Yamaha Scholarship
With a 50-year history spanning 40 countries, the Yamaha Music Education System (YMES) is a comprehensive music course taught in a fun group setting and includes listening, singing, playing the keyboard, reading and creating music.
The Yamaha Music School of Boston is located at 57 Bedford Street, Lexington, www.ymsboston.com and serves 800 students from 70 local communities.
1. The child must be between three and five years of age before Feb 15, 2014.
2. Demonstrated financial need.
3. Additional considerations may include: Extenuating family circumstances, for example, additional dependent care.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND DEADLINE
1. Applications may be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Yamaha Music School of Boston by December 1, 2014.
2. The LexFUN! Executive Committee will review the applications, recommend scholarship recipients, and notify the recipients and Yamaha Music School Director.
3. Final award confirmation requires family to observe Yamaha class in late January and meet with the School Director.Final award confirmation is made by the Yamaha Music School Director.
4. Scholarship begins with Spring 2014 semester and will continue through the Fall 2014 semester (subject to annual review thereafter). Download Application Here
"I would like to thank Yamaha Music School and LexFUN! for providing a wonderful opportunity my son Isaam to be able to attend their music classes. Both teachers and staff are wonderful. Isaam loves his class at Yamaha and he looks forward to going back every week... it’s a great musical environment and a fun atmosphere. What an amazing experience it's been for both of us to learn music and have fun together at the same time. "
Anabel Torres Lexington, MA